Initially, we will seek to merge:
• Confirmation and RCIA programmes
• Alpha, Landings and adult evangelisation activities.
• Training of Eucharistic ministers and readers
We will cooperate on:
• Formation of the laity (e.g. Disciples of the Gospel)
• Baptism and marriage preparation
• Youth work
• Church groups (Legion of Mary, Knights of St Columba, SVP, CWL, Catenians etc)
• Justice and Peace, charitable and community activities (e.g. Pass it on)
• Outreach to the homeless, sick, elderly etc
• Healing (e.g. the Healing Well)
• Festivals, pilgrimages, processions, prayer groups and Adoration
• Social events
• Diversity, interfaith and ecumenical work
The separate parishes will initially retain their own control over:
• Administration and finances
• Safeguarding and GDPR
• First Holy Communion
In addition, we will commit to opening all our activities to all parishioners within the partnership.
We will also seek to hold cross partnership worship and social events each year.
We will consider employing partnership staff for specific activities if finances allow.